Monday, April 14, 2008

Expanding Horizons Challenge



So I've been reading along with this one but never officially signed up. Seeing as it's about to finish up, I thought I should not only sign-up but also list the books I read for it. Reviews will eventually make it up to the blog as well, but heaven only knows when at this point. I did complete this one is time (by the 30th of this month). Here's what I read:

African: The Bride Price by Buchi Emecheta
Asian: Sky Burial by Xinran
Hispanic: Finding Manana by Mirta Ojito
Indian: Snakes and Ladders by Gita Mehta
Middle Eastern: Persian Girls by Nahid Rachlin
Native Peoples: The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts