Thursday, September 25, 2008

Off all the luck!

Here's hoping the weather forecasters are as on target as they usually are. Apparently a low system is supposed to move in this afternoon and start dumping rain, accompanied by winds up to 35 miles an hour. This charming weather front is supposed to sit on us until about Saturday afternoon. Guess who has to do her 20 mile run on Saturday morning? Yep. That's right. Me. The original drought buster. This could be the nastiest, most unpleasant "dress rehearsal" for the actual marathon ever. I might need to go buy myself a hat to keep the rain out of my eyes--unless the rain water helps dilute the sweat so I don't get the funky salt build-up on my contacts that make everything look foggy. At least once the 20 miler is finished, I'll officially be in taper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts