Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?


This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. This past week has been pretty consumed with back to school and back to sports type errands and events, leaving me little to no time to read or review. But as of tomorrow the short people (and how much longer I'll be able to call them that remains to be seen) around here who so selfishly demand attention will be demanding it from other adults and I can get back to my "me time"--oh and reading and reviewing too. ;-)

Books I completed this week are:

Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
However Tall the Mountain by Awista Ayub
The Wedding by Julie Garwood
While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty
No Mad by Sam Moffie

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner
As Sure As the Sun by Anna McPartlin
A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird
Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
Divided Lives by Elsa Walsh
The Brandons by Angela Thirkell
Cost by Roxana Robinson

Reviews posted this week:

Perfect Life by Jessica Shattuck
What We Eat When We Eat Alone by Deborah Madison and Patrick McFarlin
A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo
Mr. Darcy's Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
Heart of Courage by Kat Martin
Number 6 Fumbles by Rachel Solar-Tuttle
Bound South by Susan Rebecca White

I have 16 books awaiting review. I will eventually get to them. Really! And the good news is that I have a crack memory for books (just ask my local friends). It's a weird talent to have but we all have to have one and remembering books: titles, authors, plots, even covers, etc. is my big talent. So the reviews should be detailed no matter when I get to them.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one with such a long list of books to review!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts