Friday, March 12, 2010

Ireland Reading Challenge

If I'm starting a book set in Ireland, I can hardly escape signing up for the Ireland Reading Challenge now can I? Obviously not. It's as easy as a mere two book commitment (Shamrock level) so I'm in! Other than Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show by Frank Delaney, I haven't the vaguest idea what I'll be reading but I'm sure I'll have a good time poking through my stacks to see what I can find. Perhaps I'll finally read the second in the Niall Williams and Christine Breen trilogy where the couple moves from NY to Ireland. The first one was delightful but I've never gone back to the rest (typical!).

3 comments:

  1. Hello from the west of Ireland. Spotted your blog. FYI: Niall and Christine wrote four books not three. So glad you liked the first one. You should try one of Niall's novels too! Or come to one our writing workshops. www.niallwilliams.com Best of luck with your Ireland Reading Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out Niall Williams and Christine Breen's website and I think the books about their move from NY back to Ireland sound great! I have already ordered the first one - thanks for the recommendation!

    I am reading Venetia Kelly too and will include it for the challenge. In honor of St. Patrick's day I am featuring reviews of books set in Ireland or by Irish authors this month - maybe you'll find some suggestions there for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts