Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Mailbox

Not too many books are coming in right now as I try to crawl out from the previous few months' deluge. But the one that did come is much appreciated! This past week's mailbox arrival:

The Irresistible Henry House by Lisa Grunwald came from Random House thanks to Trish at TLC Book Tours.
This one about a "practice" baby who was raised by a group of women taking home ec in university has long been on my wish list.

Mrs. Darcy and the Blue-Eyed Stranger by Lee Smith came from Algonquin
I discovered Lee Smith way back in high school (and I'm not sure if that makes me feel old or if it should make her feel old) but I have always appreciated her lovely writing so I am looking forward to this latest story collection.
As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit The Bluestocking Guide as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

7 comments:

  1. Both of these are ones that I would enjoy, I think! Hope they work out for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those books are supposed to be fantastic! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, The Irresistible sounds really different! Enjoy your new books! Here's my Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Lee Smith book on another blog and I now can tell that it is the author I remember. Loved her books. Putting it on my list! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember hearing about 'Henry House' when it was first published. I hope you enjoy both books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both look good, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of The Irresistible Henry House before, but it sounds great!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts