Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

This meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine and is meant to highlight some great pre-publication books we all can't wait to get our grubby little mitts on.

Some Assembly Required by Anne Lamott. The book is being released by Riverhead Hardcover on March 20, 2012.

Amazon says this about the book: In Some Assembly Required, Anne Lamott enters a new and unexpected chapter of her own life: grandmotherhood.

Stunned to learn that her son, Sam, is about to become a father at nineteen, Lamott begins a journal about the first year of her grandson Jax's life.

In careful and often hilarious detail, Lamott and Sam-about whom she first wrote so movingly in Operating Instructions-struggle to balance their changing roles with the demands of college and work, as they both forge new relationships with Jax's mother, who has her own ideas about how to raise a child. Lamott writes about the complex feelings that Jax fosters in her, recalling her own experiences with Sam when she was a single mother. Over the course of the year, the rhythms of life, death, family, and friends unfold in surprising and joyful ways.

By turns poignant and funny, honest and touching, Some Assembly Required is the true story of how the birth of a baby changes a family-as this book will change everyone who reads it.

2 comments:

  1. wow! Anne Lamott is such an amazing writer - especially when she writes about writing - but this blows me away. My son turns 19 tomorrow and I was just wondering the other day what I would do if he told me he got a girl pregnant. And what would he WANT to do too? I'm sure this is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Anne Lamott is such an amazing writer - especially when she writes about writing - but this blows me away. My son turns 19 tomorrow and I was just wondering the other day what I would do if he told me he got a girl pregnant. And what would he WANT to do too? I'm sure this is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts