Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth came from Thomas Dunne Books.

The fictionalized story of the woman who penned Rapunzel and the origin of the tale, this looks incredible.

Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave came from Simon and Schuster as a contest win.

About a woman who returns home to the family vineyard after discovering her fiancé has been keeping secrets only to find that everyone else has too, this sounds delicious.

Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey came from Thomas Dunne Books.

A woman fleeing from an abusive boyfriend stumbles onto an amazing love story told through letters from the past. I can't wait to crack this open!

The Door by Magda Szabo came from NYRB Classics.

The interdependent relationship between a woman and her housekeeper form the core of this translated novel. That it is being called intense and controlled and frightening has me very curious indeed.

If you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen Bitter Greens on a few blogs today. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed a couple of Laura Dave's novels so I'm curious about Eight Hundred Grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good books, I'm partial to Eight Hundred Grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- Eight Hundred Grapes does sound delicious! Enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look good especially Bitter Greens and Letters To The Lost.

    ENJOY your new books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts