Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Tell-Tale Heart by Jill Dawson came from Harper Perennial.

I've already reviewed this one here.

Orphan #8 by Kim van Alkemade came from William Morrow.

A woman disfigured as a result of medical experiments when she was a child in an orphanage comes to be the nurse in charge of the elderly doctor who once conducted those experiments. This novel based on a true story promises to be an outrage and a heartbreaker.

Migratory Animals by Mary Helen Specht came from Harper Perennial.

I love stories that center on college friends and the ways in which their lives have changed and continue to intersect once they are through with school so this tale of a woman who has returned home from West Africa, leaving her fiance behind, and finds herself surrounded by college friends whose lives have all gone on in ways she cannot imagine intrigues me no end.

Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg came from Scout Press.

How can you not want to read a book that starts with a woman losing her entire family on the eve of her daughter's wedding? I can't wait to see how all the people touched by this tragedy, and the main character in particular, comes out changed by the terrible events.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts