Monday, September 21, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Another insanely busy week this past week immersed me in books while strangely keeping me from them as well. On the book related front, I got to have lunch with Kim Boykin and Lisa Wingate, both of whom are like your best girlfriend (well, plus they can write fun and fabulous stories that keep you turning the pages which my best girlfriend can't); my neighborhood book club resumed meeting after our summer break and we discussed a pair of middle grade novels, a genre we don't typically tackle; and I spent the weekend surrounded by book folks at SIBA15 (the trade show for the Southern Independent Bookseller's Association), from which I cam home with a carload of wonderful looking upcoming books. If I can squeak out the time, I'll put together a post highlighting what publishers are excited about and what independent bookstores here in the South (and hopefully wherever you are too) will be showing you in the coming months. And maybe, just maybe, I'll manage to write a few reviews as well so there's something beyond these weekly posts for you to read! This meme has been hosted by Sheila at Book Journey and I hope will be again one day.

Books I completed this past week are:

Welcome to Braggsville by T. Geronimo Johnson
Wonder by R. J. Palacio
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
The Sea Keeper's Daughter by Lisa Wingate

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Slightly Foxed, The Real Reader's Quarterly #46
My Unsentimental Education by Debra Monroe

Reviews posted this week:

Not one thing

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

The Secret Wisdom of the Earth by Christopher Scotton
Miss Hazel and the Rosa Parks League by Jonathan Odell
Without You, There Is No Us by Suki Kim
All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews
Migratory Animals by Mary Helen Specht
Balm by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner
Girl in Glass by Deanna Fei
Orphan Number Eight by Kim van Alkemade
Make Your Home Among Strangers by Jennine Capo Crucet
The Seven Stages of Anger and Other Stories by Wendy J. Fox
The Door by Magda Szabo
Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper
Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg
Landfall by Ellen Urbani
This Must Be the Place by Kate Racculia
Henna House by Nomi Eve
Love Maps by Eliza Factor
Ferris Beach by Jill McCorkle
The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy Reichert
Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks
Fishbowl by Bradley Somer
The Woman in the Photograph by Dana Gynther
Beneath the Bonfire by Nickolas Butler
The Baker's Apprentice by Judith Ryan Hendricks
X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts
Miss Dreamsville and the Lost Heiress of Collier County by Amy Hill Hearth
On the Rocks by Erin Duffy
Little Woman in Blue by Jeannine Atkins
Two Across by Jeff Bartsch
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
Sit! Stay! Speak! by Annie England Noblin
The Bees by Laline Paull
A Peach of a Pair by Kim Boykin
Welcome to Braggsville by T. Geronimo Johnson
Wonder by R. J. Palacio
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
The Sea Keeper's Daughter by Lisa Wingate

4 comments:

  1. So fun you got to go to SIBA - I kept seeing great pics from there on Instagram! And - I'd love to hear what you thought of Welcome to Braggsville...I tried it earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness on that list of reviews to be completed.

    I wouldn't sleep at night knowing I had that many. LOL!!

    The Sea Keeper's Daughter sounds good.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about Welcome to Braggsville and I'll be interested to read what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had known you were at SIBA! I went on Sunday and would have loved to meet up with a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts