Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday Mailbox

A nice selection of books in the mailbox, mostly bought for myself because if I have to buy things for my children for school, I should buy something for myself too, right? This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Hotel Angeline compiled by Garth Stein came from me to me because sometimes you just have to treat yourself.

How to resist a novel written in short chapters by 36 different authors live onstage? Thank goodness I don't have to resist because it is incredibly intriguing to me.

Amour Provence by Constance Leisure came from me to me because sometimes you just have to treat yourself.

A novel set in Provence about the inhabitants of two small villages ranging from the end of WWII to present day? What isn't appealing about this?!

Xenophobe's Guide to the English by Antony Miall came from me to me because sometimes you just have to treat yourself.

I really ordered this one because I wanted an option for a book with a title starting with X but I am really looking forward to reading what should be a short, humorous read.

The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey came from Algonquin.

Newly out on paperback, I have always been intrigued by the premise of this book: during the illness the author became fascinated watching a wild snail on her nightstand. I can't wait to read her ruminations on this tiny creature.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts